Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 44 & 45 - Craziness

Yeah I didn't post yesterday...first time I've missed in well, 44 days. Not bad. Well actually it is bad. Have you ever had one of those days where everything is just wrong? Can't find anything to save your life? I did yesterday and am still there. I miss placed some cards and for the life of me can't find them. I've been tearing the office apart trying to locate them, with no luck. I can vaguely remember the conversation with my hubby about how I had to press them because they were curling really bad. Now I can't seem to find them. It's like they vanished into thin air. I've even been asking St. Anthony (you know that thing you say when you lost something...Dear St. Anthony come around, somethings lost and can't be found) to hurry up and do his magic a little faster. (I found my Hello Kitty sticker book, it was lost, but it's not what I really wanted to find.) Even pleading with St. Anthony hasn't worked to find these cards. I'm at my wits end and it's really getting to me. I'm going to lose it....soon.

***Deep breath***So yesterday, while in the midst of searching for these darn cards, the oldest wants to work on a piece of art for the art gallery. They are hosting a Children's Exhibit. I worked with her on her water colors and how to not press so hard on the brush. She, for some reason, wants to push the brush all the way to the paper so that the metal end is scraping on the paper. I tried to get her to use the tip of the brush, how to get different shades of the same color and how to even out the paint on the paper. She's doing good. I can't wait to see how it looks when she's all done.
Today, but of course, you guessed it, more card craziness. Still can't find them. Still driving me NUTS!!! To take my mind off the craziness I decided to decorate some garden stakes. Thinking about the garden makes me happy :) I plan on putting quite a bit of work into it this year and over the next few years. I really want it to be something wonderful. I found some garden stakes in one of the dollar bin at Michael's and picked some up. I took some Mod Podge and affixed some decorative paper to the fronts of them, trimmed the edges and sanded them down. I aged them with some vanilla paint and sand paper. The border around the yellowish one was done with water colors and a detail brush. The lettering I embossed on with wet embossing markers and clear embossing powder. Finally I sealed them with a couple of layers of Mod Podge and once it is nice enough outside I'll give the whole steak a good cover with some clear coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment