Monday, February 20, 2012

Days 49,50, & 51 - So far behind

So I haven't had much time for blogging the past few days. It's been absolutely craziness. Non-stop going, and I have still been doing my creative day thing every day even if I didn't post it. I'm going to take today's post to catch back up on everything.

Day 49 - My creative thing for the day was deciding to try to make something else with wonton wrappers. Yep I'm going try to fill them with everything I possibly can. Today was for a late night movie snack with the hubby. We wanted something spicy so..wonton wrapper jalapeno poppers it was. They came out really good, so good I'll be making them again very soon. Here is what I did:

You need: 3 oz of cream cheese
                  about 5 diced pickled jalapeno rings
                  1/2 tsp of sour cream
Mix it all together in a small bowl or ramekin till everything is together. I took the cream cheese mix and put about a half a tsp - one tsp in the middle of the wonton wrapper, wet the edges with a little water and folded it into a triangle pressing the edges together. Bake at 350°F for about 10 - 15 minutes until they start to brown.



Day 50 - Today I made a musical ornament. Not musical in the sense that it plays music but musical in the sense that it has to do with music..sheet music. I took a wood ornament painted it, decoupaged on some musical paper, added some musical notes, painted the edge with some gold dust and viola:


Day 51 - Today was all about the kids. I helped the oldest finish up her painting for the art show. Taught her how to make "snow" on the top of the mountains using a white marker. I then framed them and attached some hanging wire to them and took them to the gallery so they could be hung for the kids show. :) I love that my kids like art and I'm proud that their art will be shown in a gallery at such young ages. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment