Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 37 - Seed Tapes

Thanks to CRFM for another great idea. I find out so much useful information from them. They posted a tutorial on their face book page about seed tapes. Found here: How to Make Your Own Seed Tape. I thought this would be a great thing to do to prepare for the spring and planting the garden. Today I made up some paste, I used whole wheat flower, I don't think it matters. I made the seed tapes for carrots and parsnips. Both need to be thinned to 2 inches apart after they get growing so I figured I'd "glue" them at 1 inch intervals. I'm figuring some won't grow and I can thin them down as needed. I did find however, that with the parsnips some of the seeds popped off after they dried. I just glued them back on. I'm wondering if it might be that the seed size was to big for the amount of "glue" I used. I think they came out good we'll see in the spring how well they work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment