Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 52 - A Day of Food

Today I enlisted the help of the kids to make some cavatelli like my hubby's grandma use to, similar to Nana's video below. Though my pasta dough this time was 2/3 white flour and 1/3 wheat flour.
It took the kids awhile to get the rolling down right but they eventually did. I had them make about a pound of it before hubby and I took the rest of the pasta dough and made ravioli with it. The ravioli was interesting to make. It was my first time making it. I use a mixture of ricotta and seasoning for the filling. I first started off by making a sheet of dough, putting spoons of filling on it and covering it with another sheet of pasta before cutting them. Then I realized it was much easier to make a sheet, place the spoons of filling just off center and fold it over to make half round ravioli. You'll see in my picture some of each and in one of the pictures you can see the bag of cavatelli, my pasta machine, the bowl of filling and misc. goodies. It was a fun experience. We froze all the pasta but 12 ravioli, which we made for dinner. We had them in a brown butter and sage sauce, with a Montreal encrusted fillet....So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment