Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 41 - Taco Cups

So being on this diet not being able to eat the things that I use to, or at least not as much. We are trying to find ways to cut down the amount of points for dinners. Not an easy task. In doing so though I came a cross a little discover on the Weight Watchers facebook page...wonton wrapper. They had this recipe posted for a sort of pierogi made with wonton wrappers. I made those. They were really good. The package of wrappers came with a card with recipes on it for wontons (duh)and ravioli (really?) Looking into it and thinking about it more I figured you could fill wonton wrappers with anything.

So tonight I made taco cups! It was a definite experiment...no recipe to go by. I sprayed my muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and laid two wonton wrappers cockeyed of one another and gently pressed them down a little bit. I made my taco seasoned meat. Once my taco meat was done I put a spoon full of meat in the center of the wonton wrappers and pushed them down to the bottom of the muffin tin. I then put a small spoon full of re-fried beans on top of the meat and some diced green chillies on top. Topped it all off with a slice of colby jack cheese and baked them in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 min and yummy yum yum. I served with some sweet corn bread and rice. I will definitely be making those again!

No comments:

Post a Comment