Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 - Dragons and A Magnetic Little Flower Box

It never seems to me that I ever have a day when I can do absolutely nothing, nada, zip, zilch. I spent today coloring cards and tomorrow I'll do the same. There's a lot of them to color. So much so that I haven't been really making anything for my shops. The kiddos were home today from school and they will be going back tomorrow. I say that because we are under a winter weather advisory for tonight into tomorrow morning and they will be going to school tomorrow. I will not get the five o'clock in the morning phone calls from the schools saying that there is a delay or no school. It's just not going to happen. I want a day where I can sit in the tub with a good book and a glass of wine.....oh wait...that's not real...only in my dreams. It is a nice dream though.

Back to reality. So to keep with the fantasy theme for collections I made on today of dragons. I love how dragons can look so different from each other. There are cute and loveable ones, majestic looking ones, and then mean looking ones. All dragons but very different. So here's the collection:



Today Amazon had this book for free called "101 Crafty Gifts - Tips and Ideas" by Chris Thomas. It's a compilation of all different and neat things to make. I flipped though some of it and some of it was things that I have done in the past and some of it was new and cool. I decided to make something from the book for today's crafty creative thingy. You can find the instructions here: Credit-Card Flower Box (Fridge Magnet)

A few things I did change. One was that I didn't use a credit card. I tried to in the beginning and got as far as bending the thing and it snapped so instead I used and old insurance card that I still had laying around. It's one of those thick plastic coated paper ones. It worked out really well. I didn't use any scotch tape just making tape, painted it with acrylics and sealed it with a gloss sealer. I didn't use dirt or plants in it...it's winter and the hot air heat kills plants really fast so I put some dried ferns in it. I went for a smuggy worn look to mine. The yellow paint ran a bit when I put the sealer on but I'm okay with that..I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment