Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3 - Shell and Crystal Bookmark

So far so good. I'm three for three on my new years resolutions. I'm three days in and made something each day. I didn't think I was going to get it done today as I had so much going on but I pulled it off.

Today I made a bookmark from a shepard's hook, some Swarovski crystals and sea shells that I collected at the beach years ago. We must have collected hundreds if not thousands of these tiny shells while on vacation years ago. I figured it was about time to put them to good use. I went though the shells and found ones that had natural holes in them, I didn't want to have to drill or break the shells. I wanted them as I found them. I put a jump ring though each of them. These jump rings are copper core with a silver colored finish on them. They are left overs that I made way way back when I was making chain-mail. I stung the jump rings together so that they formed a cascade of shells. At that point in time it felt like something was missing. I then took some Swarovski crystals in different shades of blue and clear placed them on a head pin and wrapped the wire at the top after creating the loop. I placed them on the jump rings that the sea shells were stung on.

The result was this: Seashell and Swarovski Crystal Shepards Hook Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment