Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28 - Red Sonja

Today is not so much about what I did today but what I have been doing and am finally done with. I just finished coloring/painting some of the Red Sonja line art cards for Breygent Marketing's upcoming Red Sonja set. It was my very first time coloring line art trading cards. I'm used to coloring line art on a much bigger scale. They were fun to do. I started off and colored some in colored pencils using a variety of Prismacolor and Design colored pencils. I have to say that I love the Design so much and wish they still made them and in many more colors. I especially love the flesh tones Design made. The Prismacolor pencils are the closest I've been able to find to the Design and come in a great variety of colors. Quite a bit of the cards that I colored were painted with a mix of acrylics used like watercolors and actual watercolors themselves. I loved painting the cards. I found these paints by Golden® that are called Fluid Acrylics and they are amazing. I love the transparency they offer and still keep the colors bright. They also have ones that are called Interference that are able to be translucent almost to the point of being clear but offer a sheen of metallic color when in light. I have the gold and love it. I can use it over yellow colored pencils for shading and get a gold sheen by using it over the colored pencils. I also bought a iridescent silver which is great as well. I'll be looking to pick up more of these as I can in the future.

Here's some of the cards that I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment