Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 21 - Snow and Ground Meat

Burrr...It's a cold one out there. The weather says that it's 17°F and feels like 7°F out there. It's been snowing all day today and there is lots of the fluffy white stuff. Personally at this point in the year I was hoping for no snow. I'd rather see the white stuff for Christmas and New Year, not now. I have to say that it does look nice outside with the fresh snow. No brown dirty melty nasty looking snow in site, the plows and sand trucks haven't been by yet. I've only been outside twice to shovel around the cars so the plow guy can plow out the drive, and that was enough work for me. I'm still wondering what happened to the 3-5 inches we were suppose to get, I'd say we got quite a bit more than that.





Seeing how everything that was planned for tonight was canceled due to the weather I spent the day inside. I decided to do something that I've never done before. I ground beef. I bought a meat grinder over the summer to make relish with and thought it would be a waste if that's all I ever use it for. Now I could just as easily go out and buy some ground beef at the store but I got some roasts cheap and decided to grind up 3.5 lbs of meat. It surprisingly wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be and it didn't take that long. It definitely gave my arm a good work out...it's sore as heck now. I made it into two 1 lb vacuum packed bags and used 1.5 lbs of it for dinner. I made taco meat for nachos with it and it was really good. The texture is a little bit different but it was the best ground meat I've had. There was just enough fat in it too that it created just a little grease in the bottom of the pan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment